We can assist you in obtaining visas for both the In-Canada spousal sponsorship and outside Canada sponsorship.
How to Sponsor Your Child to Canada:
A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor a dependent child living abroad to join them in Canada:
Eligibility Requirements of The Child:
- The child is not married or in a common-law relationship;
- The child is under the age of 22 years;
If the child is over the age of 22 years, they may qualify as dependent, as long as they;
- Have a physical or mental condition that prevents them from being able to support themselves; and
- Have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of22 years.
Eligibility Requirements of The Sponsor:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada or intending to return to Canada, or a person registered under the Indian Act of Canada;
- Be able to provide for his/her basic needs and those of the sponsored child;
- Able to prove the relationship to the child to be sponsored;
- Not have a criminal record;
- Not be in prison, charged with serious offence, or be bankrupt;
- Not be in default of a previous sponsorship undertaking;
- Not be under immigration investigation;
- Not be receiving income assistance except for reasons of disability.
Note: The length of the undertaking for a dependent child in Canada, who are under the age of 22 years, is 10 years OR until they reach 25 years of age, whichever comes first. If the dependent child is over the age of 22 years, the length of the undertaking is three (3) years.